Wednesday, January 21, 2009

.Feels Like Floating Balloons (2009).

Feels Like Floating Balloons (2009)
Media: Acrylic on Belgian linen.
48" in. x 24" in.

Larger Preview

Finally completed the last of the major paintings I had on my list of re-adaptations, where I repainted some of my digital paintings into... paintings on linen or canvas.

This particular painting was originally to be completed by the end of 2008. That never happened since I had other paintings left over to complete. It is a "re-adaptation" of my original digital painting Feels Like Floating Balloons produced in 2005.

Due to recent times I thought how much more connected this particular piece had become during the process. How it represented every moment, every individual we've impacted in our lives.

The cropping had always been how I envisioned the image in my mind, like a photograph taken. As if I was there to watch someone fall and to even wanting to rescue.

How beautiful, almost therapeutic I thought. A graceful surrender. An almost rebirth from suffering. Learning to fall, learning to rise and overcome. Regaining yourself and your strength. The running against the wind. Learning how to lose and win. Don't stop breathing, I would say to them. Breathe.

And it's rare of me to say how perfectly an image has finally been drawn exactly the way I had envisioned it. This is one of the few pieces that came to be that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment