Monday, March 16, 2009

.Making Her Feel Real Again.


Making Her Feel Real Again
drawing: tuscan red pencil, acrylic on 140 lb. watercolor paper
12" x 12" inches

It's one of those bizarre visuals that replays in my mind, or, rather, just sit as stills in my mind waiting to be expelled somehow.

The visual I see is of a man listening to a woman's head (no neck either) speak. She has no body. Nothing horrid or morbid about the scene even if the fact there's a woman's head without a body should I feel otherwise. It didn't feel like a nightmare either. Everything felt normal, yet bizarre. Even melancholic.

I heard the woman ask the man to make her feel real again. Make her whole. Find her a human body like she once had. Give her life as a human being back.

The man never gave up on helping her. I'm not sure if he ever found her a body since I suddenly found myself withdrawing away from the couple, almost like a panning effect. I leave the man kneeling in his living room floor cradling the woman's head. As I continue to gradually pull back from them I found myself lying on a couch in another living room watching them on a monitor. The image of them is only a still on the screen now. A photograph.

The living room I'm in is furnished in soft shades of white. Immediately to the left of the monitor is a glass door left ajar leading out to a patio where the sun softly reflects off of. I can't make out any details to the outside because of the sunlight. I fixate my attention to the patio's floor, which all I can see are hints of the gutter washed over by the bright reflected sunlight.

I felt no pain. The sunlight's reflection does not hurt my eyes at all. I felt hopeful for them.



Making Her Feel Real Again (earlier version)
drawing: ink on buffed paper
approx. 9" x 12" inches

No comments:

Post a Comment