Friday, January 9, 2009

.their peace - a set.

"His Peace" (2009)
Media: Acrylic on Rives Paper
12" x 12" inches

His Peace is a follow up to Her Peace (2008) completing the duo portrait set that I've been working on (on and off) for almost the last whole month. His Peace was completed today, hence the year difference.


Her Peace (2008), His Peace (2009)
Each measures 12" x 12" inches. Acrylic on Rives Paper.



I had no intentions for the ballpoint pen drawings (made nearly a month ago) but only to paint them on a larger scale with acrylics. Upon completion of Her Peace I realized how the butterflies are her hair... not necessarily covering her hair. I thought of a cancer patient by chance. Or, maybe, because it was something I've been thinking during that time. Of course, that was my temporary interpretation. I rather leave it open.


Almost with all of my work I constantly am engrossed (for lack of better words) with the resulting psychological and physical affection. This particular set are influenced from life's distress of one's battles (whether it be illness, distress, loss, emotional turmoils) and suffering. All the wear and tear one goes through.

Titling the two pieces Her Peace His Peace I feel transcends a surrender to security and safety from harm from his and her own battles.

No comments:

Post a Comment